This is a reminder that the antigen rapid testing for all spring athletes will take place on Sunday evenings, starting on April 11th in Brandon High School main gym. The testing schedule is based on the athlete’s LAST name (see below). If parents and athletes have not completed the mandatory Participant Code of Conduct and Registration and Consent to Testing Form, please be sure to do so before arrival. We will also have forms available at check in. Monday testing will only be used for those athletes who are pre-excused through BHS or BMS administration with advance notice (minimum 24 hour notice). Failure to complete the testing will affect participation in practices and contests.
TESTING SCHEDULE for 4-11/21 – This is for all high school spring sport athletes and MS Bowling athletes. *Middle school baseball, softball and track athletes may test on this date, but are not required to test until 4/18/21.
|ALL HS Spring and MS Bowling by LAST Name||Includes BLFH & In-person athletes||BHS Main Gym|
TESTING PROCEDURES UPON ARRIVAL:
- Enter HS Gym at door #9, located on the West side of building.
- Mask required at all times (except when testing).
- Only spring sport participating athletes are allowed to enter the testing area. One parent is allowed to accompany the athlete.
- Athletes will check in, receive their form and swab. They will be directed to a testing table.
- After antigen rapid test has been performed, athletes are strongly encouraged to leave the facility.
- Results – We will only notify individual athletes if their test is Positive or Invalid. Otherwise, No call = Negative result.
Previous Positive Test:
If your student athlete has previously tested positive with a molecular PCR test, they are exempt from the COVID-19 testing for 90 days from that positive result. You will be required to provide documentation to the athletic office in this instance for us to have on file and determine the expiration of that 90 day window.
This testing schedule is fluid and subject to change in order to best meet the needs of our student-athletes; we will continue to re-evaluate throughout the testing process. We believe that testing on Sundays will help to mitigate and catch potential positive cases before they attend school on Monday. Sunday testing also helps for contact tracing as we hope to reduce the amount of possible close contacts. Again, we would like to thank all of our Blackhawk athletes and families for your continued cooperation and support as we navigate through these new testing requirements! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the athletic office.
Sincerely Yours in Educational Athletics,
Chris Deines, RAA – Brandon School District Athletic Director