Tuesday August 18th, 2020
Brandon Middle School Fall sports practices begin the week of August 24th. Here are some reminders for athletes & parents, as well as the start dates, times and locations for each sport.
- All athletes must have a physical on file in order to participate in any practices. See physical requirements for 2020-21 school year at: https://brandonblackhawks.org/required-physical-form/
- All athletes and coaches will be required to wear a face cover/mask when entering and exiting practice areas, during health screening, and when not involved in the physical participation of practice. All players and coaches will follow social distancing guidelines when not participating in the practice sessions.
- All athletes and coaches will be required to go through a pre-screen health check prior to entering a practice or competition area. Coaches will conduct and document the daily screenings.
- There will be no visitors or spectators allowed at practices or events at this time. Parents are asked to stay in their vehicle or remain outside the practice venue.
- All athletes and coaches must provide their own water bottle(s) for use. Please put your name on the bottle.
- Athletes should come dressed and prepared to practice.
- As of today, August 18th, all indoors facilities are still closed and cannot be used for athletic purposes. This includes the gyms, pool, locker rooms, training room, and weight room. Restrooms in the ITEC center will be available used for emergency purposes only. Athletes and coaches should plan accordingly.
The safety and well being of our athletes, coaches, and community is our top priority. Our coaches and athletes will follow the sport specific Return to Play Guidelines released by the Michigan High School Athletic Association (www.mhsaa.com) . We look forward to getting practices started and the 2020 season underway! Good luck to all of our Fall sports teams! #WeAreBlackhawks
Here are the start dates, times and location for each sport:
Cross Country – Boys & Girls (6th, 7th 8th) – Monday August 24th. Check in and health screening will begin at 8:40am on the sidewalk next to the I-TEC entrance. Practices will be held 9:00-10:30am on the middle school and high school grounds.
Girls Basketball – 7th & 8th – Monday August 24th. Check in and health screening will begin at 8:30am at the outdoor basketball hoops in the middle school parking lot. Practices will be held in the middle school parking lot until gyms open.
- Basketball players are encouraged to bring their own outdoor basketball.
Football – 7th & 8th – POSTPONED until Spring 2021. More information will be released from the MHSAA.
Sideline Cheer – 7th & 8th – POSTPONED until Spring 2021. More information will be released from the MHSAA.
Coach’s contact can be found by clicking on the 2020-21 Fall Sports Tryout Sheet HERE